WOMEN’S BUSINESS CENTER SMALL BUSINESS COUNSELOR, BATON ROUGE, LA (Independent Contractor)
Summary of Position (BATON ROUGE, LA)
The SELA Women’s Business Center is seeking a qualified Small Business Counselor to help our clients reform their operations and support their business startup or growth by providing intuitive guidance. The ideal counselor should also possess great problem-solving skills to provide solutions and recommendations that will increase our clients profitability and efficiency. (The position is in Baton Rouge).
Duties & Responsibilities
• Meet with assigned clients when needed and perform initial assessments based on a standardized questionnaire
• Help develop detailed business plans to drive small or radical changes
• Assist clients in developing individual plans to start or grow their small or emerging businesses.
• Provide support to the client when implementing the plan and resolving any occasional discrepancies
• Coach clients on best practices in marketing, finance, and operations of their businesses
• Analyze and interpret data to unearth weaknesses and problems, and comprehend the causes
• Formulate recommendations and solutions with attention to a client’s wishes, capabilities and limitations forming concise reports.
• Present findings and suggestions to clients with ample justification and practical advice
• Assist the client and provide guidance for any occurring problems and issues
• Connect clients to resources outside of SELA WBC and Good Work Network that will be useful in developing their business concepts
• Facilitate select group sessions of business planning trainings & workshops.
• Record all individual sessions with clients in GWN Client Tracker system
• Follow up with clients to gather information about their business outcomes
• Participate in developing improved client services
• Assist with special projects and special events as needed
• Proven experience as business consultant or equivalent
• Knowledge of diverse business matters such as IT, Marketing, HR etc.
• Proficiency in MS Office
• Familiarity with a database management
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
• Analytical mind with excellent data collection and analysis skills
• Aptitude in creative problem-solving
• BS/BA in business administration or relevant field; MA/MBA in a specialized business field will be an advantage
• Organizational and project management skills.
All interested parties must complete an online application. If interested, please click here to apply.