Southeast Louisiana Women Business Center Small Business Counselor (Baton Rouge, LA)
Summary of Position (BATON ROUGE, LA)
This purpose of this position is to assist clients in business creation and expansion of small businesses, with a focus on creating sustainable and profitable businesses. The WBC Business Counselor’s primary role is to lead the delivery of high-quality small business programs that are responsive to the needs of The SELA Women Business Center clients including: identifying best in class programs for start-up and second-stage businesses; designing and implementing programs including instructor-led training, educational materials and facilitated networking. The position will be knowledgeable of trends and best practices related to programs supporting women-led businesses.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the development and assessment of business development and growth programs focused on the special needs of women
- Lead small-business start-up program
- Provide one-on-one counseling and coaching to existing and prospective entrepreneurs, including guidance in all aspects of business management
- Support WBC Director in creating and executing a plan to deliver high-quality effective business start-up programming
- Prepare program schedules
- Design and/or deliver group education courses
- Monitor client feedback and maintain a commitment to continual program improvement and high levels of client satisfaction operations
- Meet with local colleges and other community service agencies with entrepreneurial training programs
- Create and help disseminate marketing and informational materials
- Maintain up-to-date information regarding emerging services, trends, issues, and opportunities related to small business initiatives
- Review research related to national/international small business programs
- Record activity in client records as required by grant guidelines
- Actively monitor annual work plan to deliver hours required to meet grant funding requirements
- Maintain SELA WBC Standard Operating Procedures to accomplish goals and guidelines created by Executive Director and Advisory Board
- Report to the SELA WBC Director. This position is based in Baton Rouge, LA.
Duties and tasks are subject to be modified or other duties added as needed for Good Work Network by the Executive Director or required by the SBA WBC program
- Requires college degree in management sciences, business administration or other concentrations that include a strong management focus.
- Requires a minimum of two years’ prior experience in business management, business education or other related fields.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including presentation and public speaking skills
- Highly organized with excellent time and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills. Job requires regular interaction with GWN staff, consultants and community stakeholders
- Must be professional, friendly, and courteous
- Culturally competent with an ability to work with people of diverse socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and respectful
- Solutions-oriented thinker
- Proficiency in business productivity software (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and to be able to manage products and time, demonstrating attention to detail, accuracy, and the meeting of deadlines;
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Must have current driver’s license and reliable transportation
Good Work Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All interested parties must complete an online application. If interested, please click here to apply.